• 55 years an above, recently discharged from the hospital deemed ALC
• LTC application completed prior to admission to CANES Transition Care beds (length of stay is 42 days)
• H&CC placement CC is informed about the admission and activate crisis status on discharge from hospital/RCC
• For clients with the community as the post discharge plan, client and family discussion is in place before the admission from the program
Transitional Care Site Locations
1. Bramalea Retirement Residence (30 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, ON, L6T 4G3)
2. Southbrook Retirement Community (400 Ray Lawson Blvd., Brampton, ON, L6Y 4G4)
3. Woodhall Park Retirement Village (10250 Kennedy Rd. N Brampton, ON, L6Z 4N7)
Visitors: Family members, including children are always welcome to visit. Please do not allow children to move about the building without adult supervision or run in the corridors. Visitors are required to sign-in and out whenever they arrive, leave or return to the building.
Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed in the building or on the outside property of the facility.
Parking: Transitional Care Program locations provide parking. Please observe parking rules and regulations. Designated handicapped spaces are marked and can be used for pick-up or dropping off of clients.
Noise: After 11:00pm, it is requested that the clients keep the television or their music on low volume.
Communication: All communication regarding the program or the clients’ needs should be directed to CANES and not to the retirement homes. This includes compliments or complaints that are related to or regarding the retirement homes.
Services and Additional Information