CANES Community Care has a adapted a new program at CANES that focuses around Client and Employee Safety.
The HOMECARE SAFE Program will promote safety throughout CANES' current services that are provided to seniors as well as to the Personal Support Workers and employees who provide them to our clients.
Many Services that fall heavily under the HOMECARE SAFE Program are as follows;
• Our Home Maintenance program offers Home Safety Inspections and Grab Bar Installations by our Handy workers to prevent falls in your home.
• Our Ride Connect Transportation ensures safe vehicles and trained drivers in the community.
• The new BSO (Behavioural Supports Ontario) Program helps to train staff on how to manage caring for clients who may have behavioural issues.
There are many other programs and services that are approved by our HOMECARE SAFE program. This seal of approval will help clients and employees become more aware of the education and training that goes into keeping our community a safer place.
Below is a documentation of safety instalments recently approved by our HOMECARE SAFE Committee.
CANES provides Mask Fitting, training and testing to all PSWs and employees on site here at CANES. This fitting is to ensure that each employee can be equipped with a proper mask in case of a viral breakout. The mask is used to protect both clients and workers in case of an epidemic situation.
All of CANES employees – from the front line to the head office – are focused on our Accreditation Canada site visit. We are working diligently to meet all the required organizational practices, in order to re-qualify for a further three years. CANES in-house training staff just conducted a series of mandatory training workshops this Spring as we are on track to complete our schedule of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) action items prior to our upcoming Accreditation Canada Survey in 2018.
Each Training Day consisted of education practices on the following Home Care topics:
1. Ethics, What is the right thing to do?
2. WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
3. Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODSA)
4. Client Safety
5. Privacy and Confidentiality
6. Costumer Service, Bill of Rights
7. Violence in the Workplace
8. Food Safety
9. Infection Prevention and Control