With the number of COVID-19 cases increasing and as concerns over the Omicron variant progress, senior management has met to discuss our COVID-19 strategy. We continue to monitor the situation closely.
According to the current guidelines provided by Ontario Public Health, all individuals, even fully vaccinated individuals, who come into contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19, will be required to isolate for ten (10) days.
As part of our strategy, we want to provide some information to our clients and employees.
What CANES Is Doing
- We continue to have our locations be professionally and thoroughly cleaned.
- Our managers and supervisors may ask our employees to work remotely on a more frequent basis.
- We adhere to public health guidelines and all legislative precautions.
- We are providing regular communications with our staff regarding the COVID-19 situation and enhanced infection, prevention, and control precautions.
- We have increased our stockpile of PPE to make available to all our staff serving our clients.
What CANES’ Employees Are Doing
- We are reviewing all updated communications from staff and management at CANES.
- We are ensuring self monitoring at home for COVID-19 symptoms.
- We are performing accurate reporting on COVID-19 screening and they are not reporting to work if there any symptoms or suspicion of symptoms or potential exposure to COVID-19.
- If our employees are travelling outside of the GTA, they will notify their supervisor and ensure that they are following all proper safety measures and precautions.
- Staff continue to be diligent in screening at head office and all site locations.
- We are extra vigilant with IPAC and PPE protocols when working with clients and at Head Office.
Click on the following links on how you can learn more about how CANES is preparing its staff and our community to remain safe:
If you have not yet received your booster shot, please make an appointment to do so at your nearest pharmacy or with your family doctor as soon as you can. CANES will be providing FREE Transportation to and from all booster appointments until the end of December.
Call the number below to book your ride with us, once you've booked your vaccine appointment.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact our head office at 416-743-3892.
Chief Executive Officer