CANES Community Care is a not-for-profit organization that assists clients with tasks in the home, providing emotional and social support, while helping seniors take part in the life of their community. We provide services in Etobicoke, Brampton, Malton, Woodbridge, Mississauga and Halton areas in the Ontario Health Central Region.
CANES Community Care is looking for one (1) full-time permanent Driver working in Etobicoke, Brampton, Malton and Woodbridge. There is (1) position available:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 3:00pm to 1:00am (2080 hours annually)
The Driver position reports to the Manager, Transportation Services, and is subject to the Collective Agreement CUPE Local 3808. The minimum pay rate for this position is $18.52 per hour. Desired start date for this position is December 15, 2021.
- Transport clients to and from appointments using agency vehicle
- Responsible for safe management of clients accessing vehicle to and from building/door or home
- Responsible for daily vehicle inspection and report any deficiencies to the supervisor
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfection of vehicle and equipment used (i.e. Transportation Wheelchair)
- Represents CANES Community Care in a positive and professional manner
- Responsible for completing event/incident reports
- Other duties and assigned
- Valid B license a must
- Clean Driver's Abstract
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Familiarity with GTA and surrounding areas
- High School Diploma required
- The nature of this job requires that the incumbent be physically able to assist clients, fold walkers and wheelchairs and place them in the vehicle, and assist with grocery shopping bags
- The nature of this job requires the ability to push or pull a client in a wheelchair for short distances where the overall weight may be up to 300 lbs.
- Experience working with frail and elderly individuals
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read schedules and write reports
*Internal candidates please apply to Stephanie Cook at by December 3, 2021*
CANES Community Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.