TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Full-time
The Transportation Manager supports the transportation team staff and oversees day to day operations in the transportation department to ensure excellent client service delivery.
- Supervises, trains, and manages performance of the staff in the transportation team (e.g. Supervisors, Drivers, Scheduler, and Passenger Assistants)
- Inputs and verifies timekeeping and payroll for the Drivers, Schedulers and Passenger Assistants
- Develops and maintains all schedulers, passenger assistants and driver schedules including holiday/vacation planning, sick leave, and daily unexpected changes
- Ensure driver schedules are kept by Supervisor
- Maintains database of client files (e.g. updating, discharging, ensuring funding orders are accurate, etc.)
- Maintains accurate documentation on supervisory matters (e.g. staff absence/lateness, client complaints, WSIB claims, etc.)
- Ensures the fair and equitable treatment of all individuals
- Determines client eligibility for the transportation program and keeping client files and records as per policies and procedures
- Oversees client eligibility and transportation component of the Home at Last Program
- Reports data for Ministry, Trillium funded programs, Transhelp, Home at Last, etc.
- Organizes and prepares program statistical to meet fiscal and statistical targets for the transportation department utilizing Procura, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. for CWLHIN and Transhelp
- Attends quarterly performance meetings with Transhelp
- Provides annual Transhelp training to drivers
- Spot checks for drivers and passenger assistants
- Liaises with a variety of organizations, funders and individuals in the transportation sector. Attends internal and external meetings, trainings, conferences, health fairs (involves travel by car)
- Keeps track of vehicle mileage and maintains records of vehicle safety inspections as per required legislation; maintains safety equipment in the vehicles
- Participates in the development of funding proposals related to Client Services and transportation program
- Maintains all staff files up to date as per the funder’s requirements (e.g. Transhelp)
- Performs data analytics for Procura and Procura Mobile
- Ensure all invoices and credit card statements are paid on by the due date
- Tracking and maintain inventory of Esso cards (e.g. issuing and terminating)
- Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, or re-entering data and combining data from multiple systems when information is incomplete
- Reviews and manages client wait list for Transportation Program
- Alternates 24-hour on-call responsibility on a rotation basis
- Develops and maintains effective community relations to promote the agency, and takes part in committee meetings, workshops and seminars held in the community
- Responsible for safe and smooth operation of the transportation program including infection control
- Responsible for emergency preparedness plan of the program and implements it in times of emergency.
- Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or related field experience
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Computer experience such as experience in maintaining database, creating reports and training users on a client information system
- Experience with seniors and knowledge of gerontology is an asset
- Working knowledge of community work and social services
- Ability to work with and motivate staff
- Good communication, organization, and writing skills
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle with valid insurance
REPORTS TO: Senior Director and Capacity Building, Client Services
START DATE: As soon as possible
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANES Community Care is an equal opportunity employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.