The Supervisor of Client Service will be working within a multi-disciplinary team is responsible for conducting in-home client assessments of client needs, providing care coordination and supervising a team of Personal Support Workers. Will act as a substitute for other Supervisors when they are on a leave of absence. Will act as a substitute for other Supervisors when they are on a leave of absence.
Depending on business needs, the position will perform/assist with all or some of the following:
- Supervise a team of 25+ Personal Support Workers and Home Support Workers
- Conduct initial and ongoing in-home client assessments/reassessments of clients' need for service according to Agency guidelines
- Monitors work flow and provides guidance and supervision to PSWs including conducting in-home spot checks
- Establish care plans based upon client health and functioning level, support network and home environment. Process referrals where required
- Supervises a PSW team to deliver a value-added seamless service experience that meets customers’ needs and expectations
- Supervising, coaching, training and supporting the PSWs to provide high quality customer focused service and family centered care
- Assist with timekeeping of PSWs including approving, monitoring, and recording of time off, sick time, lieu time, vacation, and float day
- Follow up on PSWs and clients complaints
- Completes CWLHIN, HCC (Home Community Care) and subcontractor billing
- Collaborate with other healthcare workers/agencies regarding clients health
- Participates in PSW education and training such as teaching delegated acts on ongoing education
- Maintains complete, accurate, clear and timely client files using approved formats
- Demonstrate a positive professional attitude when representing CANES Community Care
- Develops and maintains respectful and supportive environment to supportive to contribute to the integrated client service delivery
- Prepare statistical reports and responsible for meeting targets of the program
- Alternates 24-hour on-call responsibility on a rotation basis
- Responsible for the implementation of CANES emergency preparedness plan for their program when needed
- Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- RPN designation required
- Must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, additional language(s) an asset
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Excellent oral and written communication, assessment and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of computer programs i.e. interRAI Community Health Assessment Tool, Screener, Procura, Word, Excel, etc.
- Valid class G driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle with valid insurance
- Ability to work independently
- Relevant combination of qualifications and experience will be considered
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
(Position based out of Head Office but depending on business needs will be required to provide support at Assisted Living Sites within the catchment area of CANES Community Care).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1 year contract position
REPORTS TO: Director, Quality and Client Services
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANES Community Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.