Will work to optimize client safety and quality of care. Personal Support Worker will provide personal, palliative care, housekeeping and respite services to frail elderly persons and adults with disabilities in their own homes or apartments in a variety of locations and settings.
- Homemaking (e.g. meal preparation, cleaning, laundry etc.)
- Personal care (e.g. personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, medication reminder, transfer, reposition, escort to medical appointments etc.)
- Respond to Emergency Response System (Lifeline and mobile phone) calls
- Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations
- Grade 10 or equivalent
- Personal Support Worker certification from reputable school or Foreign-trained Nurse
- Able to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
- Physically and emotionally able to perform the duties
- 6 months to one year working with seniors
- First Aid/CPR Level C Certification
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Current immunization/vaccine record with clear TB
- Enjoy working with seniors and able to contribute to the quality of life of seniors by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent Part- time (Unionized position under CUPE Local 3808 Collective Agreement)
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANES Community Care is an equal opportunity employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.