TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Temporary part-time with the potential to become permanent part-time
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for the entire cycle for confidential management and unionized payroll, as well as general ledger, administrative, and year end functions. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator will assist with the procurement of appropriate financial data and the processing of such for budgets, reports, and assignments as instructed by the Financial Controller.
- Ensures timely, accurate and complete payroll data for processing bi-weekly payroll fro approximately 200 employees
- Updates employee information including new hires, terminations, etc.
- Reconciles payroll output reports, and prepares employee statutory and non-statutory remittances (EHT, Pension, United Way, Union Dues, WSIB, Extended Health Benefits, and RRSP, etc.).
- Maintains employee benefits plan and provides assistance to staff regarding payroll and benefit related enquiries
- Calculates TTC travel allowance for eligible employees
- Prepares payroll related journal entries
- Prepares compensation schedules for budgetary and management reporting purposes
- Prepares all year end reports including issuing T4s via ADP, reconciling EHT and WSIB, etc
- Assists in preparation of statistical reports
- Attends staff meetings
- Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Accounting/Finance or 2nd-3rd year CPA enrolment
- Certified Payroll Manager or Payroll Compliance Practitioner is an asset
- Strong proficiency with ADP payroll; Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word; and QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of Procura is an asset
- Minimum five years relevant accounting experience
- Professional attitude, self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and pay attention to detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (French/English) considered an asset
- Clear Police Reference Check
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, however you may be required to work additional hours and occasional weekends
START DATE: As soon as possible