Will work to optimize client safety and quality of care. Personal Support Worker will provide personal, palliative care, housekeeping and respite services to frail elderly persons and adults with disabilities in their own homes or apartments in a variety of locations and settings.
Terms of Employment: Permanent Part-time (subject to collective agreement CUPE Local 3808)
Depending upon the individual needs of the clients, to assist with:
- Homemaking (e.g. meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, etc.)
- Personal Care (e.g. personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, medication reminder, transfer, reposition, escort to medical appointments, etc.)
- Respond to Emergency Response System (Lifeline and Pager) calls.
- Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations.
- Grade 10 or equivalent
- Personal Support Worker certification from reputable school
- Able to communicate (written and oral) in English
- Physically and emotionally able to perform the duties
- 6 months to one year working with seniors
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Enjoy working with seniors and able to contribute to the quality of life of seniors by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being
As Soon As Possible
Interested applicants should send their resume and covering letter to:
CANES Community Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process